Post-Doctoral Fellowship Opportunity: Jen Ryan and Asaf Gilboa
Dr. Asaf Gilboa
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW – I FULL TIME
Two years - 70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions that affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia. This fellowship is supervised by Drs. Jennifer Ryan and Asaf Gilboa in collaboration with other scientists and trainees in the Rotman Research Institute.
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct research on learning-related cortical plasticity with emphasis on the extent to which cortical learning can occur independently of the hippocampus. The final project will depend on the fellow’s skill and interest and the interaction with other lab members. The fellowship offers ample opportunity for manuscript preparation and conference attendance in the field of cognitive neuroscience and collaborations both within the institute and with other researchers in Toronto. The fellow will investigate structural and functional brain changes associated with different mechanisms of memory acquisition, retention and retrieval in healthy individuals and in patients with neurological impairments using behavioural and neuroimaging methods.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Experimental design, data collection and analysis, manuscript preparation
• Behavioural studies, including eyetracking
• Structural neuroimaging with an emphasis on markers of learning-related changes
• Multimodal functional neuroimaging, including fMRI, MEG, and/or EEG
• Data analysis using advanced, multivariate statistical tools applied to neuroimaging data
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree with an emphasis on neuropsychological theory
• Experience in multivariate statistical techniques for data exploration, presentation, and analysis with advanced statistical software (e.g., R programming language)
• Experience recruiting and testing research participants and patients
• Experience with MRI, EEG, or MEG data collection and analysis
Start date is immediate, and we will be interviewing candidates until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send a CV and a letter describing their research experience and interests. Please also arrange for 2-3 letters of recommendation to be sent either to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
(416) 785-2500 ext. 2908
The Rotman Research Institute
3560 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON, M6A 2E1